- 2 cups frozen tater tots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 links breakfast sausage, casing removed
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ⅓ cup half and half*
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- Cook tater tots according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add sausage and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the sausage as it cooks; drain excess fat, reserving 1 tablespoon in the skillet.
- Add eggs to the skillet and cook, whisking, until they just begin to set. Gently whisk in half and half; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Continue cooking until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains, about 3-5 minutes; set aside.
- Spread beans down centers of tortillas; top with tater tots, sausage, eggs, cheeses, tomatoes and cilantro. Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, then roll up, burrito-style.* Place, seam-sides down, onto preparing baking sheet; cover.
- Place into oven and bake until heated through, about 12-15 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
*TO FREEZE: Cover each burrito tightly with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Freeze up to 1 month. To reheat, (1) microwave for 4-6 minutes, turning halfway, or (2) bake at 400 degrees F for 30-40 minutes, or until completely cooked through.