Cajun Chicken Bake with Bell Peppers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 bell peppers , small, thinly sliced (or use mini sweet peppers)
- 4 chicken breasts , small
- 4 cloves garlic , minced
- 6 oz cream cheese , cold, refrigerated, and sliced into 8 slices
- ½ cup cheddar cheese , shredded
- Combine all seasoning ingredients in a small bowl. Mix to combine.
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place thinly sliced bell peppers on the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Place chicken breasts on top (so that the peppers will cook underneath the chicken).
- Generously sprinkle Cajun seasoning all over the chicken breasts. You don't have to use all the seasoning. Top with minced garlic.
- Top each chicken breast with 2 slices of cream cheese.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake the chicken uncovered at 375 F in the preheated oven for 20-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Broil for 2 minutes, if desired.
- To serve, scoop the bell peppers from underneath the chicken. Place them evenly around the chicken and on top.
Store leftovers in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.