Cheese Steak Quesadillas
- 1 lb beef sirloin steak, cut in thin strips
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoon Lawry’s Seasoned Salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Montreal Steak Grill Mates Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 16 slices provolone cheese
- 4 large flour tortillas
- canola oil
- non-stick cooking spray
- For the steak-combine the sliced steak, 1 teaspoon season salt, steak seasoning, and ½ teaspoon pepper in a ziplock bag. Mix until the seasoning has evenly coated the steak. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Sear sliced steak in batches for 1 to 2 minutes per side depending on how done you like your steak. Do not over crowd the pan. Add 1 tablespoon of oil if the pan gets to dry. Remove steak from pan. Heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat in same skillet. Toss in sliced onion and bell pepper. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon season salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Saute veggies for 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- Now assemble the quesadillas. Heat large skillet or griddle on medium high heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Place flour tortilla on pan. Lay 4 slices of Provolone cheese evenly on the flour tortilla. On one side, top with steak. On the opposite side, top with the sauteed peppers and onion. Once the cheese has melted, fold the flour tortilla in half. Remove from the skillet and cut into 4 wedges. Eat and enjoy!