Chipotle Black Bean & Corn Stuffed Peppers
- 2 sweet bell peppers
- 1 (7 oz.) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: salsa and additional sour cream for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the bell peppers in half, through the stem. Remove the seeds. Lay the peppers cut side up in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, add half of the black beans. Mash the beans with a fork or a potato masher. The beans don’t need to be smooth, just broken up. Set aside.
- Remove one chipotle chili pepper from the can and finely chop it. In a large bowl, add the chopped chili pepper, 1 teaspoon of the adobo sauce, the sour cream, and salt (reserve the remaining chipotles and adobo for a later use). Stir until well combined. Add the mashed beans, whole beans, and corn to the chipotle mixture. Stir to combine.
- Spoon the black bean mixture into the peppers. Cover the baking dish and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover the dish. Top the peppers with the shredded cheese. Bake for 20 additional minutes.
- Let the peppers cool for 5 minutes before serving.