Currently ConfessingCourse: SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 ears corn
pinch of sugar
1/2 pound of green beans, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1/2 pound of wax beans, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
4 plum tomatoes, seeded & cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 small red pepper, seeded, deveined, & cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 small yellow pepper, seeded, deveined, & cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 small red onion, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
1 English cucumber, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
3/4 cup cilantro leaves
2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
2 TBSP rice wine vinegar
1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Chop, chop, chop! Chop all of the ingredients first.
- Prepare a large bowl with ice-water. Set aside.
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add corn and sugar. Blanch until tender (about 6 minutes).
- Remove from water and plunge immediately into ice water. Once the corn is cool, remove from the ice water.
- Remove kernels from cobs using a large knife. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Next, add green & wax beans to boiling water. Blanch until tender (about 1 minute). Remove from water with a slotted spoon, and immediately transfer to ice water. When the beans are cooled, drain in a colander.
- Add wax and green beans, tomatoes, red & yellow pepper, onion, cucumber, and cilantro, to corn. Stir to combine. Add olive oil, vinegar, 2 teaspoons salt, and pepper. Stir to combine. Adjust seasonings to your liking and enjoy immediately.