EDAMAME SALAD WITH CILANTRO LIME DRESSING
EDAMAME SALAD WITH CILANTRO LIME DRESSINGCourse: SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
2 cups shelled edamame
2 cups frozen organic corn
1 red bell pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
1/3 cup chopped green onion plus extra to taste
cilantro to garnish
CILANTRO LIME DRESSING
3 TBSP lime juice (2 limes)
1/4 cup avocado oil (or light olive oil)
1 TBSP red wine vinegar
1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves plus extra for topping
2 tsp honey or agave/sugar if vegan
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp cumin
- Cook edamame per package instructions and, if using edamame pods in place of shelled edamame, simply pop the soy beans out into a bowl. I do the latter and it goes crazy quick, if you can refrain from eating them all while shelling them.
- While your edamame boils, cook corn by steaming or sautéing. You can 100% use fresh instead of frozen if desired!
- Chop your bell pepper, red onion, and green onion and combine with edamame and corn.
- To make the cilantro lime vinaigrette, combine all the above ingredients in a small mason jar and shake well. Pour over salad and toss to combine. Add a little extra cilantro to garnish (as much or as little as you'd like!) and dig in! Salad may be chilled before serving if desired
- I typically keep organic non-shelled edamame pods handy in my freezer at all times. Two 10 ounce packages yields approx. 2 cups of edamame, perfect for this tasty salad!
Nutrition facts below are an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Estimate includes both salad and dressing.
- Source: https://peasandcrayons.com/2018/05/edamame-salad.html