garlic mushroomsCourse: LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 an onion chopped (optional)
1 pound (500 g) Cremini or button mushrooms
2 tablespoons dry white wine* (optional)
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
4 cloves garlic minced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the onion until softened (about 3 minutes).
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about 4-5 minutes until golden and crispy on the edges.
- Pour in the wine and cook for 2 minutes, to reduce slightly.
- Stir through thyme, 1 tablespoon of parsley and garlic. Cook for a further 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Season generously with salt and pepper (to your taste).
- Sprinkle with remaining parsley and serve warm.
- Use a good quality dry white wine, such as Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, or a Sauv Blanc.
- Source: https://cafedelites.com/garlic-mushrooms/