Garlic Steak Skillet
- 24 oz ribeye steak (about 2 large steaks)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 20 cloves garlic divided, 15 cloves and 5 cloves
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped
- Pour the olive oil in a medium skillet and add about 15 garlic cloves. Cook over low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring about every 5 minutes.
- While the garlic cooks, cut the steak into 1 inch pieces, trimming any excess fat. Season evenly with salt and pepper. Press the remaining 5 cloves of garlic and set aside.
- When the garlic is soft and golden brown remove it from the pan and drain and reserve the oil.
- Add one tablespoon of the oil back into the pan over high heat. Once the oil is hot, place the steak in the pan in a single layer (if the pan isn't big enough for all of it in a single layer, do a second batch) and let cook for 2 minutes. Flip the steak over and let cook an additional minute, then stir in the garlic and cook while continuously stirring for 1 more minute.
- Remove the steak from the pan and toss with the pan and toss with the parsley. Serve immediately.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container for 3-4 days in the refrigerator or in the freezer for up to a month.
If short on time, recipe can be made with out sautéed whole garlic cloves.
This recipe is naturally gluten free, low carb, and friendly for low carb and keto diets. Please check all packages of products bought to ensure compliance.
Nutrition facts provided based on my best estimation for the recipe and may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you make to the recipe. I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use for the most accurate calculation.