Gluten-Free Breakfast Hash
- 5 medium-large potatoes washed and peeled
- 1 large white onion chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 green onions trimmed and finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp paprika
- Cut potatoes into ½ inch wedges.
- Heat olive oil in a large cast iron skillet or frying pan over medium heat. Cook potatoes for 25 minutes, covered, stirring every 4-5 minutes.
- Add chopped white onion. Cook for another 5-10 minutes, uncovered, and stirring constantly.
- When potatoes are crispy and golden brown, add green onions, salt, and pepper. Stir through.
- With your spatula, make four wells in the potatoes and crack an egg into each one. Sprinkle shredded cheddar all around.
- Cook until the egg whites are set, or until your liking. Cover pan with lid for poached eggs. Add more olive oil on eggs if desired.
- Sprinkle eggs with a pink of paprika seasoning. Serve immediately.