Green Chili Egg Casserole
- 12 eggs
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pint cottage cheese, small curd (about 2 cups)
- 3 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend (or any combination of cheddar, monterey jack, and pepper jack)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mild diced green chilies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, beat eggs until light.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
- Add cottage cheese, Mexican cheese blend, butter, and green chilies. Mix until combined. Pour into prepared baking dish. Cover and refrigerate overnight or bake right away.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35-40 minutes or until edges on top are browned and center is set and appears firm. Cool 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
Recipe from my friend Cheryl.