GRILLED PEACH SALAD WITH CURRY PECANS
GRILLED PEACH SALAD WITH CURRY PECANSCourse: SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
THE HONEY VINAIGRETTE:
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt (use 1 tablespoon mayonnaise for paleo or dairy-free)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
A pinch of sea salt
THE CANDIED CURRY PECANS
1/4 cup pecans
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
FOR THE SALAD:
4 ripe but firm peaches
½ teaspoon avocado oil (or another neutral flavored oil)
5 ounces baby arugula
1/2 cup blueberries
¼ cup crumbled goat cheese (sub a diced avocado for paleo or dairy-free)
- Place all the vinaigrette ingredients into a 1 cup mason jar and shake until mixed.
- Preheat your BBQ to high. Cut the peaches in half and remove the seeds. Then cut each peach half into three wedges. Place the peaches in a medium-sized bowl and toss with the oil. Grill the peaches for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove them from the grill using an offset spatula – I find this works better than a regular spatula and helps prevent the grill marks from being left on the grill.
- Place the arugula in a large bowl with the goat cheese, curry pecans, blueberries, and grilled peaches. Toss with the dressing and serve immediately.
- A grill matt works really great for this recipe. If you don’t have one, make sure to oil the grill well so you don’t risk the peaches sticking.
- Source: https://www.theendlessmeal.com/grilled-peach-salad/