Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed Peppers
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 4 green peppers, cut in half
- 1 sirloin steak
- 1½ cups sliced mushrooms
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut green peppers in half and de-seed them. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake in a 9x13 dish covered with tin foil for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining 1 tbsp of olive oil to a large frying pan and heat over high heat until oil is smoking. Add steak and sear for 1 minute per side. Remove from heat and slice very thinly across the grain when cool enough to handle.
- In same skillet, add mushrooms and cook until they start to release juices. Add onions and red pepper, sauteeing for 2-3 minutes until tender and seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, remove green peppers from oven. Divide steak slices and veggies among peppers then top with cheese and season with a little more salt and pepper. Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove and serve!