Shrimp in Roasted Pepper Sauce
- 1 lb. peeled deveined shrimps
- 3 tbsp. butter
- ½ tbsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes optional
- 2 garlic cloves
- 12 oz. jar of roasted peppers
- ¾ cup Half and Half or heavy cream
- ¾ cup Parmesan cheese shredded
- salt to taste
- chopped parsley to garnish
- Place the roasted peppers together with the liquid from the jar into a blender or smoothie cup and process until smooth.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the shrimps, paprika, and red pepper flakes. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to low and add garlic and salt. Cook for 1 minute and remove the shrimps from the skillet.
- To the same skillet, add the roasted pepper puree. Turn the heat to medium and cook it for about 7-10 minutes, until most of the liquid evaporates.
- Add the Half & Half and Parmesan. Stir and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Return the shrimps to the skillet. Mix everything well and cook for 1-2 minutes, just to heat the shrimp back up. Garnish with chopped parsley and Parmesan.