Skinny Bell Pepper Nacho Boats
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- ¾ cup salsa, no sugar added
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, reduced-fat
- 3 bell peppers
- Remove seeds, core, and membrane from bell peppers then slice each one into 6 verticle pieces where they dip down. Set sliced bell peppers aside.
- Cook ground turkey over medium-high heat, breaking up as it cooks. Cook until the turkey loses it's pink color and is cooked through. Drain off any fat.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine cooked turkey with spices and salsa. Evenly distribute mixture into the bell pepper boats, top with cheese.
- Bake on a parchment lined baking sheet for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and peppers are hot. Optional ingredients: sliced Jalepeno peppers, diced avocado, fat-free Greek yogurt or sour cream, or sliced green onions.
- NOTE: If you prefer much softer bell peppers, add a few tablespoons water to the bottom of a large casserole dish, add filled nachos, cover tightly with foil and bake 15 minutes.