Spinach & Cheese Egg Muffins
- 6 to 8 strips of bacon, chopped
- ½ large onion, chopped
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 to 3 cups of spinach
- 12 eggs
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray cooking spray in a muffin pan. Set aside.
- Beat together eggs. Add the shredded cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a frying pan on the stove, cook the onion and bacon over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Add in spinach and stir to combine. Cook for about 3 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and let cool for five minutes.
- Add spinach mixture to the egg mixture and stir to combine. Ladle the egg mixture into a muffin pan being careful to not overfill the muffin cups. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from the muffin pan. I found it easy to loosen the sides of the muffins with a butter knife and then gently remove them with a fork.