Tuna Salad Cucumber
Tuna Salad CucumberCourse: SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Enjoy these low-carb Tuna Salad Cucumber Boats made with high-protein, probiotic-rich Greek yogurt and anti-inflammatory wild-caught tuna fish and learn more about the nutrition benefits of cucumbers and why they make the perfect gluten-free sandwich alternative. Recipe options for the Paleo diet, Keto diet and more included.
2 medium cucumber
2 cans wild-caught white albacore tuna, drained
2 stalks celery, diced
¼ cup white onion, finely diced
¼ cup dairy-free coconut milk yogurt
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
⅛ teaspoon of sea salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Slice the cucumbers down the middle length wise. Using a spoon, gently scrape out the insides.
- Discard (or compost) the scooped seeds and set the remaining cucumber aside.
- Add the tuna to a large bowl. Using a fork, gently mash the tuna until it is flaked.
- Add the celery, onion, yogurt, mayo, mustard, salt and pepper (and fresh herbs if you plan to use any).
- Mash all of the ingredients together with a fork until everything is mixed well.
- Scoop your fresh tuna salad mixture in each cucumber half.
- Top with sliced, homegrown tomatoes and additional salt and pepper to taste.